Hope & Courage International is a Non Governmental Organization registered under the Registrar of Societies in Kenya. The NGO was started in the year 2012 by a group of Kenyans some of them being cancer victims and survivors with a keen focus on Cancer Awareness, Support, Education and Sensitization.
Cancer being a disease that has deep roots in the fabric of our society has for a long time been termed as a disease of the “wealthy” but in recent years more and more cases have been diagnosed in each and every class of our society. The unfortunate part is that majority of these new cases are being diagnosed when it is already too late and chances of survival are usually very slim. This has mainly been occasioned by the fact that there aren’t enough screening facilities, not enough sensitization on screening and not many organizations really take it upon themselves to sensitize on cancer screening or offer relevant information on the different cancers, ways of prevention and treatment options.
HCI was started to fill this void by offering comprehensive information on cancer, support cancer victims and strive to give hope and encouragement to these members of our society.
- A Home for Kids when Cancer hits home
- To support Kids as they live with, through, and beyond cancer. Bridge out isolation, and source of inspiration, Any cancer, any stage,HCI kids connect got your back.
- Create a safe Haven for kids with cancer and their families.
Our Core Values
We are dedicated to the fight against cancer. These core values place the highest regard on respect and compassion for cancer patients, their families, our benefactors and our volunteers.
We believe in:
- Integrity: Fighting cancer with sincere volunteers who are unconditionally committed
- Compassion: Showing kindness and consideration for those we serve
- Professionalism: Characterized by objectivity, fairness, creativity and pride
- Dedication: Committed, persistent and loyal to our cause